About the hub
Supporting economic growth with Midlands-specific intelligence, evidence & insights
The Midlands Engine Intelligence Hub is the place to explore a wealth of up-to-the-minute pan-regional data, research and expert insights.
A key part of the Midlands Engine Observatory’s continuing work to deepen the evidence base around issues impacting the Midlands economy, the Intelligence Hub puts the power of data and research at the fingertips of diverse private and public sector partners from across the region, including central and local Government.
It’s a unique tool to support our partners informing decision making around key investments and policy formulation for economic and social benefit in the Midlands.
Why use the Intelligence Hub?
By providing up-to-date evidence and explaining the nuances and impact on the Midlands though partner and academic insight, the Intelligence Hub aims to support:
• Stronger business cases with the potential to secure greater investment for the region
• Robust comparisons, benchmarking and forecasting to support policy recommendations
• Evidenced regional impact insights to inform reactions to Government policy and lobbying
• Better understanding of regional needs and opportunities to target investment for the widest possible economic and social impact
Accessible information in a variety of formats
The Intelligence Hub gives you access to all of the Midlands Engine Observatory products, including:
• Live data and PowerBI dashboards
• Spatial visualisations
• Intelligence briefings
• Insight one-pagers from our region’s experts
• Commissioned deep-dive research
Powered by the Midlands Engine Observatory – the only pan-regional Observatory in England.
The Midlands Engine Observatory is a vital alliance of leading academic researchers and economic and industry experts. We work together to gather the data and intelligence that can shape policy, help target investment for recovery and growth, and measure levelling up progress in every part of our region.